When I was younger, I wanted to be many things. One of them: an ad executive. I ended up being a lawyer (and hating it), then a blogger for hire. I’m not sure if I should regret the career I never had in advertising, though. Being creative under crazy deadlines and constant pressure is tough.
Judging from the following weird ads, sometimes it’s so tough, that the results are, to put it mildly, bizarre.
1. Scotch Hair Set Tape
Image credit: sugarpie honeycomb. 1970.
2. Hair Dryer For The Bald
Image credit: sugarpie honeybunch. 1972.
3. Physical Violence Is A Great Way To Sell Cigarettes
Image credit: jbcurio. 1975.
4. Bewitched Hairspray
Image Credit: sugarpie honeybunch. 1965.
5. This kid scares the hell out of me
Image credit: bayswater97. 1930s.
6. Is That His Mom? She Scares Me Too
Image credit: Marcoa84
7. Baby-Approved Cigarettes
Image credit: bayswater97
8. Eat Eat EAT! And Always Stay Thin With jar-packed sanitized tape worms
Image credit: 1vintage1
9. This Ad Is Especially Appetizing
Image credit: sixtiesbooks
10. Drink Your Yeast! Yum
Image credit: Sugarpie Honeybunch